News ArchivePlease be aware that although the information on this page was accurate at the time of publishing, it may not now be, and therefore should not be relied upon.
|13 June 2006|
Find out more about physiotherapy at NNUH
National Physiotherapy Week runs from June 19th - 23rd and is supported by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. The physiotherapy teams at NNUH will be holding a variety of stalls in the hospital's West Atrium at lunchtimes to mark national physiotherapy week.
Information on the following will be available through the week:
- Monday - get back to physical fitness through physiotherapy. Pelvic floor care for women and men all ages. Information on good posture during pregnancy
- Tuesday - pelvic floor care for women and men of all ages. Information on good posture during pregnancy. Walking aid MOT and display of orthopaedic aids
- Wednesday - exercise and advice for older people
- Thursday - get back to physical fitness through physiotherapy
- Friday - advice on hand conditions and quiz.
Nicola Clemence, Head of Physiotherapy, said:"Physiotherapists play an absolutely vital role in the treatment of all types of patients, both adults and children, and physiotherapy week is a great opportunity for both the public and other NHS staff to find out more about the profession and what it does for people's health and well-being."