News ArchivePlease be aware that although the information on this page was accurate at the time of publishing, it may not now be, and therefore should not be relied upon.
|08 April 2008|
Patients give verdict on care, catering and cleanliness at NNUH
The hospital uses a Dr Foster Intelligence Patient Experience Tracker system which has portable touchscreen "tablets" that patients use to key in answers to a range of questions about their care.
The lightweight handheld units are large enough to be handled by frail patients and feature large print and translations for non-English speakers. The tablets also meet infection control standards. Hospital volunteers use the tablets and undertake the survey work with patients.
During February 2008 a total of 615 patients from eight wards gave their views. The results are used to help staff improve the service to patients.
The NNUH results were:
- 98% were treated with respect and dignity
- 97% were happy with the care they received
- 92% said ward staff were approachable, professional and sensitive
- 84% said staff answered questions in a way they could understand
- 81% said they were kept well informed by staff
A separate analysis of Serco comment cards completed by 2,441 patients between July 2007 and February 2008 has also shown high levels of patient satisfaction with catering and cleanliness:
- 98% said cleanliness was good or excellent
- 93% rated the food as good or excellent
- 100% said staff were helpful