Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital AGM
Members of the public are invited to attend the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Trust’s annual general meeting.
This meeting takes place in the Gooch Lecture Theatre, East Atrium, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Colney Lane, from 6pm on Wednesday 5th September 2007.
There will be a review of the year followed by presentations on the following:
- “It's everyone's business to have a good death” with Emma Harris, Specialist Palliative Care Nurse, Palliative Care.
- “What being an NHS Foundation Trust really means” with Hugh Sturzaker, Deputy Chair (Public) and Rachel Hulse, (Staff) for the Governors Council of the James Paget University Hospital
These will be followed by an open question and answer session. Tea and coffee will be served in the East Atrium after the AGM and there will also be a chance to speak with staff on an individual basis.
The AGM will hear that in 2006/07:
– We again balanced the books with a small surplus of £867,000.
– Saw an increase in the numbers of patients being treated in both Norwich and Cromer:
- 418,938 out-patients – up 10 per cent
- 54,787 day cases – up 5 per cent
- 67,402 in-patients
- 75,322 A&E attendances
- 9,909 minor injuries attendances
The Trust's annual report is available on via this link – Annual Report 2006-07
Anyone who wishes to attend the annual general meeting is welcome. Also at this year's AGM there will also be the opportunity to become a Foundation Trust member. Alternatively call Janice Bradfield, Senior Communications and Membership Manager for a leaflet on 01603 287634.