The Jenny Lind Children’s Hospital offers a comprehensive Clinical Psychology service to children and their families within the following specialities:
• Oncology (Cancers)
• NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)
What is a Children’s Clinical Psychologist?
Clinical Psychology is the application of psychological knowledge in practical ways to help children and families manage personal, emotional and health related problems; this therapy is provided by Clinical Psychologists, trained health professionals who have undergone higher specialist training.
We provide psychological assessment for children and their families. We provide a range of therapy approaches. We provide joint appointments with other members of the multidisciplinary medical team. We provide consultation to multi-disciplinary team members, where there are psychological concerns regarding children and their families. We are integrated members of the Paediatric Medical Teams.
How to access our services
- Dr Jo Derisley, Head of Department of Clinical Psychology & Consultant Clinical Psychologist for Diabetes & Gastroentrology – Tel: 01603 287545
- Kiki Mastroyannopoulou, Lead for Paediatric Clinical Psychology, Consultant Clinical Psychologist for Oncology – Tel: 01603 287545
- Dr Louise Morgan , Clinical Psychologist for Oncology – Tel: 01603 287545& Cystic Fibrosis – Tel: 01603 646025
- Dr Bob Budd, Clinical Psychologist for NICU & Rheumatology – Tel: 01603 287545
The Clinical Psychology department is able to provide consultation to colleagues within the multidisciplinary teams that they are placed.
Teaching and Training
Clinical Psychologists in the team provide teaching and training for the Doctorate Programme in Clinical Psychology and the Norwich Medical School at the University of East Anglia. In addition members actively participate in combined regional teaching sessions within the Regional networks for Gastroenterology, Cystic Fibrosis, Anglia Cancer Network and Diabetes.
To learn more about Clinical Psychologists, visit:
- British Psychological Society (BPS) website available at http://www.bps.org.uk/dcp-public/dcp-public_home.cfm
- Health Professions Council websiteavailable at www.hpc-uk.org