Our play specialists use their understanding of child development and play activities to help children cope with any pain, anxiety or fear they might experience during their time in hospital.
Our play specialists use play to help prepare children for treatment, distract them during a procedure and help them understand what they have experienced.
Play activities are used to:
- Welcome children and help them settle in
- Assist children with reaching developmental goals
- Encourage children to keep up their usual hobbies and interests during their hospital stay
- Develop friendships between children on the ward
- Help children regain skills they have lost as a result of their illness, and to learn new skills.