Parking at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital cannot be guaranteed at peak times.
There are a total of 850 parking spaces for patients and visitors at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. There are car parks for inpatients (car parks K, M and O) located next to the wards and larger car parks on the other side of the hospital for outpatients (car parks B, C, D, F, G, H, I). On busy days it may be difficult to find a space and our car park staff will direct you to the nearest available space.
All stays under 30 minutes are free. Within the first 30 minutes the car park ticket will not need to be validated through the pay machine.
- 30 minutes up to 2 hours – £3.00
- Up to 3 hours – £3.50
- Up to 4 hours – £4.50
- Up to 5 hours – £6.50
- Up to 8 hours – £8.00
- 8 to 24 hours – £12.00.
Outpatient appointments exceeding 3 hours will be validated by clinic for the minimum charge £3.00.
Validation is not available in the privately operated car park next to the Bob Champion Building.
* If you leave the car park within 30 minutes there is no charge.
Please speak to the Clinic or Ward staff for advice on how to get your ticket validated. Car parking concessions are as follows:
Parents and maternity
Parents visiting babies on NICU frequently (Free parking).
Parents visiting children on Buxton up to 1 week pay minimum daily fee, more than 1 week, free parking.
Birthing partners at time of delivery (validated for minimum charge).
Outpatients who visit hospital more than three times for a single a course of treatment (parking validated free after third visit until end of that course of treatment). This will mainly apply to oncology/haematology (cancer treatment).
Patients attending for renal dialysis will be entitled to free parking.
Patients who have an appointment or treatment that lasts more than three hours (validated for minimum charge).
Immediate family who are visiting critically ill or terminally ill patients and stay for long periods (validated for minimum charge).
At the discretion of the ward: Relatives/carers assisting at meal times/caring. (Free parking).
All of the hospital car parks have disabled spaces, but there are none available in the privately operated car park as this is too far from the building. Disabled parking is free in the hospital car parks but not the privately owned car park. You will need to take your blue badge to reception to have your car parking ticket validated.
The reception desks are situated in Outpatients East and Outpatients West – both of which are manned from 09:00 until 16:00, and Inpatient East – manned 07:00 until 17:45 and Inpatient West which is manned 24 hours. When you arrive at the hospital please get your ticket validated at any of the reception desks for use in the machine when you leave.
Privately Operated Car Park
An additional 350-space car park has been built by Bullen Developments and is operated independently to the hospital car parks. Patients and visitors to this privately operated car park should note :
– Does not offer the same concessions as the hospital car parks. Tickets cannot be reduced or validated to give free parking and charges are not reduced at evenings or weekends.
– Does not have any disabled spaces as these are offered in the hospital car parks nearer to the building.
– Forty spaces at the rear of the car park are for PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY
– Please be aware this area is patrolled by the private owners and they do issue fines
– This car park only accepts payment at the machines situated close to the pedestrian entrance/exit. Please do not try and use the pay stations in the hospital as it will reject your ticket. Tickets for this car park are easily identifiable as they are Blue.
This car park has the same charges as the hospital car parks, it offers free car parking for the first 30 minutes and offers pay-on-foot facilities in a similar way to the hospital car parks with tickets issued at the barrier.