What to expect when you visit
To keep everyone safe, you must contact the ward to arrange the time of your visit at least 24 hours before you wish to come – please call between 10-12. There are three time slots a day (10am-midday, 2-4pm and 6-8pm) and you can book by calling the appropriate ward – see find the ward you want and see contact, location and parking details or our Switchboard on 01603 286 286.
Where possible, we encourage you to keep visiting to a minimum and keep in touch by phone calls and Virtual Visiting, and our Relatives’ Liaison team will keep you updated about your loved one’s progress. Read more about what we offer.
Only named visitors, agreed through the booking process, will be admitted to the wards and no one can attend if they have any symptoms of Coronavirus (a high temperature, new continuous cough, loss of taste and smell) or have been contacted to self-isolate via Test and Trace.
All visitors are expected to:
- Go directly to and from the ward without visiting other areas of the hospital (including cafes, restaurants and shops)
- Report to the ward desk on arrival
- Remove their coat, roll up sleeves and wash or sanitise their hands on entering the ward
- Not bring unnecessary items
- Wear a face-covering throughout their visit
- Follow social distancing except where the patient is part of their household or bubble
- Wash or sanitise their hands on leaving.