Name and PositionDr Andoni Toms BSc MBBS FRCS FRCR PhD
Contact DetailsMain Telephone Number:01603 286154
Special clinical interests: MR and CT arthrography, imaging of the wrist and orthopaedic implants.
Research interests: CT and MR of orthopaedic implants, Dynamic carpal instability, physiological MR imaging of the gastrointestinal tract.
Medical School: St Bartholomew's Hospital, London 1991
SpR Radiology: Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge 1996-2001
Fellowship: Musculoskeletal Radiology, University of Toronto, Canada 2001-2002
International Skeletal Society
British Medical Association
Royal College of Radiologists
British Institute of Radiology
British Society of Skeletal Radiology
European Society of Skeletal Radiology
Radiological Society of North America
Associate Member of the American Roentgen Ray Society
Over 80 original articles, reviews, case reports and letters published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. h-index 12 (Google Scholar)
Selected recent publications
- Yoong P, Johnson CA, Rehman JM, Toms AP. Regional inequality in radiology research output in the UK: a 5-year bibliometric study. Br J Radiol. 2012 Jul 4
- Farghal A, Kasmai B, Malcolm PN, Graves MJ, Toms AP. Developing a new measure of small bowel peristalsis with dynamic MR: a proof of concept study. Acta Radiol. 2012 Jul 3
- Bugg WG, Lewis M, Juette A, Cahir JG, Toms AP. Lumbar lordosis and pars interarticularis fractures: a case-control study. Skeletal Radiol. 2012 Jul; 41 (7) :817-22.
- Smith TO, Drew BT, Toms AP. A meta-analysis of the diagnostic test accuracy of MRA and MRI for the detection of glenoid labral injury. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2012 Jul; 132 (7) :905-19.
- Smith TO, Cogan A, Patel S, Shakokani M, Toms AP, Donell ST. The intra- and inter-rater reliability of X-ray radiological measurements for patellar instability. Knee. 2012 Jun 20
- Lewis M, Reid K, Toms AP. Reducing the effects of metal artefact using high keV monoenergetic reconstruction of dual energy CT (DECT) in hip replacements. Skeletal Radiol. 2012 Jun 9
- Yanny S, Cahir JG, Barker T, Wimhurst J, Nolan JF, Goodwin RW, Marshall T, Toms AP. MRI of Aseptic Lymphocytic Vasculitis-Associated Lesions in Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacements. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012 Jun; 198 (6) :1394-402.
- Fowkes LA, Petridou E, Zagorski C, Karuppiah A, Toms AP. Defining a reference range of acetabular inclination and center-edge angle of the hip in asymptomatic individuals. Skeletal Radiol. 2011 Nov; 40 (11) :1427-34.
- Wong MY, Beadsmoore C, Toms A, Smith T, Donell S. Does (99m)Tc-MDP bone scintigraphy add to the investigation of patients with symptomatic unicompartmental knee replacement?. Knee.
- Patel SR, Toms AP, Rehman JM, Wimhurst J. A reliability study of measurement tools available on standard picture archiving and communication system workstations for the evaluation of hip radiographs following arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011 Sep 21; 93 (18) :1712-9.
Link to Pubmed Bibliography