Clinical electives are accepted from overseas and UK undergraduate medical students. The students must be in their final year of a degree in Medicine. Clinical electives are for a maximum of eight weeks. We cannot accept students on the ERASMUS exchange programme.
Please note NANIME is not responsible for organising electives for UEA (University of East Anglia) students. UEA students should contact the UEA Norwich Medical School.
Prospective students should email Sophie Cook, Student Coordinator in NANIME (Norfolk and Norwich Institute for Medical Education), including:
- Their preferred dates.
- Their preferred speciality/department (please give at least two choices).
- An up-to-date copy of their CV.
Clinical electives are arranged by Sophie Cook, Student Coordinator in NANIME on behalf of the Trust. It should be noted that there is a procedure laid down by the Department of Health that is followed. Before an offer is made to a student, NANIME will request the following:
- A reference from the student’s Clinical Dean, stating:
- The university recognises the placement at the Trust and any criteria/curriculum the university would like to see used.
- The student has a good command of the English Language (a pass in an English Language exam – certificates must be provided).
- That the student is of good moral standing and that the Clinical Dean has no hesitation in recommending the student for the elective.
- A passport size photograph (.jpeg format acceptable).
- Occupational Health Questionnaire
- This will be sent out by NANIME. The student should complete the form and return it to NANIME with any documented evidence of vaccinations or immunisation status.
- Accommodation Form
- We have limited accommodation available on-site. At the student’s request an Accommodation Form will be sent out. This should be completed and returned to NANIME. The student will be responsible for all accommodation costs.
All students will need to show photographic ID on arrival.
A £100.00 administration fee is charged for all clinical electives. This should be paid by cash or cheque on the first day of the elective to NANIME.
DBS – Disclosure & Barring Service Checks form (UK residents only)
This needs to be completed on the first day of the placement. The student will be required to produce three of the following forms of identification; at least one must show their home address:
- Birth certificate
- Driving Licence
- Marriage certificate
- Bank statement/Utility bill/Payslip/P45/P60