Practice Development and Education
The Practice Development and Education Department facilitates the continuing professional and personal development of health care professionals within the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Individual team members are responsible for pre-registration training, post-registration training; return to practice, overseas recruitment, Nursing Assistant training and Assistant Practitioner training.
- To co-ordinate training and competency assessment programmes that support the development of clinical skills and new roles.
- To assist in the recruitment of newly qualified nurses to the Trust in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
- To manage Post Registration Education, including the allocation of funding for post-basic courses to degree and masters level. This involves working closely with the University of East Anglia (UEA) and other further and higher educational providers.
- To assist in the development, validation and implementation of evidence-based Trust-wide Directorate and Departmental Protocols, Policies and Guidelines and associated documentation to meet patient needs.
- To co-ordinate the preceptorship programme for newly qualified staff.
- To provide information and support for patients with learning disabilities.
For further information please contact