Practice Development and Education
The Practice Development and Education Department facilitates the continuing professional and personal development of health care professionals within the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The Department led by a Senior Nurse; includes Practice Development Nurses and Clinical Educators; it coordinates,facilitates and manages a number of learner programmes including:
- Pre-registration nurse education placements
- Post-graduate continuing professional development
- Preceptorship programme
- Return to Nursing programme
- Overseas nurse recruitment and OSCE training
- Acute Nursing Refresher programme
- Nursing Assistant training programme
- Assistant Practitioner programme.
- Trainee Nursing Associate programme
- Nursing Apprenticeships
- Clinical Skills programme
- Co-ordination of training, education, and competency assessment programmes that support the development of skills, practice and clinical roles to meet the needs of patients and the service.
- Offer a range of multi professional clinical skills training e.g. intravenous therapy and canulation
- Assist in the recruitment of newly qualified nurses to the Trust in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
- Manage Post Registration Education, including the allocation of funding for post-basic courses to degree and masters level. This involves working closely with the University of East Anglia (UEA) and other further and higher educational providers.
- To assist in the development, validation and implementation of evidence-based Trust-wide Directorate and Departmental Protocols, Policies and Guidelines and associated documentation to meet patient needs.
For further information please contact