Norwich Clinical Ethics Group
The objectives of the Clinical Ethics Group are:
- to promote and maintain an ethical approach to clinical practice
- to offer the facility for structured and rigorous ethical discussion and advice to clinical teams
- to monitor relevant guidelines and offer an ethical view as appropriate
Terms of Reference
A multidisciplinary group reporting to the Clinical Governance Committee.
- To promote and maintain an ethical approach to clinical practice.
- To offer the facility for structured and rigorous ethical discussion and advice to clinical teams in individual cases.
- To monitor relevant guidelines and offer an ethical view as appropriate.
- To liaise with similar groups elsewhere in the country through the UK Clinical Ethics Network.
Normally meets monthly – centred usually on case discussion. Meetings may also be held on an ad hoc basis and/or short-notice basis in response to a case.
Members are recruited from across the hospital. Members should have an interest in ethical matters and an enthusiasm to get involved and learn more. Members can be from any professional group. Total membership limited to 20 with at least two from each division. In addition there are representatives from the medical school, the chaplaincy, primary care and the non-executive directors.
Members will be asked to make themselves available for Group meetings, sometimes at short notice. Members will be expected to undergo appropriate training for their work with the Group