Countdown to hospital open day
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital will be hosting its first ever Open Day on Saturday July 16th with a host of events and tours for members of the public.
The hospital open day starts at 10am and runs to 4pm and will include trying your hand at surgery, learning about skin cancer, seeing how we use the latest hi-tech equipment to zap cancers, seeing a typical ward, learning about hand hygiene, sampling hospital food, and there will also be a Well Teddy clinic for children.
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital opened nearly four years ago and the open day is a chance for people to find out more about the region's busiest acute hospital. Car parking will be free on the day.
Key NNUH facts
- We employ more than 5,700 staff
- Nearly half of the workforce is made up of nurses/midwives
- We employ more than 200 consultants
- We have an income of £270 million a year
- We treat more than 600,000 patients a year
- Our midwives deliver more than 5,000 babies a year
Open Day tours
- Red Tour – follow the red signs; general hospital tour. Tours start at 10.30am and run throughout the day. Meet at the information marquee in the hospital plaza
- Blue Tour – follow the blue signs; visit Radiology and find our more about hi-tech imaging
- Green Tour – follow the green signs; staying safe in the sun, visit Dermatology out-patients
- Pink tour – follow the pink signs; Hospital Arts Walk
- Orange tour – follow the orange signs; operating theatre tour
- Yellow tour – follow the yellow signs; see the “unseen” sides of the hospital.
- Purple tour – follow the purple signs; find our more about how we treat cancers in the Colney Centre
Plus Careers fair, Well Teddy Clinic, Bertram Diabetes Centre, film shows in the Gooch Lecture Theatre, and a host of other events.