Hospital Trust's annual open meeting
Members of the public are invited to attend the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Trust’s annual open meeting where there will be a review of the year and presentations on infection control and nursing developments.
The annual open meeting will hear that in 2004/05 the Trust’s hospitals saw:
- A 22 per cent fall in the size of the waiting list
- Nearly 90 per cent of patients were treated in less than six months
- Less than one per cent of operations were cancelled on day of admission
The year saw increased numbers of patients being treated in both Norwich and Cromer with the North Norfolk hospital treating:
- 27,283 outpatients – 30 per cent increase over last four years
- 5,533 day cases – 23 per cent up over last four years
- 9,080 minor injuries attendances – 26 per cent up over last four years
The year also saw MRSA infection cases drop from 64 a year to 58 a year, with the Trust’s hospitals having the lowest MRSA rate in Norfolk and Suffolk. Director of Infection Control, Dr Judith Richards, will give a presentation on the role everyone has to play in terms of infection control and the measures our staff have been taking in recent years.
Director of Nursing and Education Christine Baxter, and Teresa Knowles, Assistant Director of Nursing for Surgery, will present on the new roles nurses are increasingly taking on at both Cromer and Norwich.
Anyone who wishes to attend the annual open meeting is welcome. The open meeting takes place in the Gooch Lecture Theatre, East Atrium, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Colney Lane, from 6pm on Tuesday, September 20.