Award wins for hospital staff
Staff at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Trust have been picking up national recognition for a wide range of clinical and support services in recent prestigious awards.
- The Thoracic surgery team has been highly commended in the Hospital Doctor 2005 awards
- The Colney Centre-based Oncology team was also awarded a merit in the Hospital Doctor 2005 awards
- The Trust's Royal College of Midwives branch has been awarded the RCM award for Services to Members in recognition of their work representing midwives working for the Trust
- The Communications and IT teams have been highly commended in the Communicating Healthcare Awards 2005 for the development of the Trust's website www.nnuh.nhs.uk
- The head of the hospital's Medical Illustration team, Simon Dove, has been named Healthcare Scientist of the Year for Innovation in Service Development in he Department of Health’s first ever Chief Scientific Officer Awards
Chief Executive Paul Forden said: “Over the past week or so our staff have picked up a clutch of prestigious national awards and this underlines our greatest strength; skilled and committed staff who are doing work that is being recognised at the very highest levels nationally. On behalf of the Trust I would like to congratulate and thank the many staff involved in these recent successes.”