Your hospitals need you!
How about getting involved in planning hospital services as an important member of an all-new Patient Panel. The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Trust, which runs the Norfolk and Norwich University and Cromer hospitals, is seeking members of the public to get involved and help inform development of our services.
The Patient Panel will be chaired by a public member and will meet once every three months. Speakers from a range of Trust services will be regularly invited to brief the Panel and give panel members the opportunity to comment and ask questions that are important to them.
Aims of the Patient Panel
- Actively involve patients and members of the public in the development and planning of services by the Trust
- Ensure that the contribution made is as representative of as many patients and the public as possible and is positive, encouraging and objective
- Obtain feedback on the quality and provision of services to help support decision-making.
Director of Nursing and Education Christine Baxter said: We are working hard to involve the public more and more in the design and provision of the acute services we offer local people and our new Patient Panel is an ideal opportunity for people to get involved and make a difference.”
The Trust is keen to hear from people who are interested in applying for a role on the panel. Membership will reflect the whole population and to become a Patient Panel member you must either:
- Live within Norfolk and North Suffolk
- Be registered with a Norfolk or North Suffolk GP
- Have been a patient under a Trust health professional or;
- Represent a Norfolk-based voluntary or community organisation
To find out more about the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Trust Patient Panel and to register your interest contact:
Heather Howman or Jenny Cooper
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Telephone: 01603 289035/36/45
Fax: 01603 289046