Limited opening hours for Cromer Minor Injuries Unit on Sunday
Cromer and District Hospital's Minor Injuries Unit will have shorter opening hours this Sunday due to staff sickness.
The Minor Injuries Unit, which is open 365 days a year, is normally open from 8am to 8pm every day but on Sunday 14th August it will only be open from 10am to 4pm.
Cromer's Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) is run by emergency nurse practitioners, who are experienced nurses who can independently see and treat all forms of minor injury. The department sees more than 11,000 patients a year.
What the MIU can deal with:
- Minor head injuries (with no loss of consciousness)
- Simple wounds
- Simple eye conditions, foreign body, corneal abrasions
- Minor burns
- Soft tissue injury
- Bites and stings, with no associated complications, or acute reaction
- Simple fractures
- Broken or dislocated fingers
What the MIU cannot deal with:
- Children under the age of two
- Pregnancy problems
- Complicated or serious injury
- Fractures that may need manipulation (other than fingers)
- Head injury where there has been loss of consciousness
- Alcohol-related head injuries or illnesses
- Medical conditions in their acute form, asthma, diabetes, allergic reaction
- *Major illness i.e. Stroke, Heart attack
*These patients should attend the Accident and Emergency department at NNUH. In an emergency, call 999 for an ambulance.