Docs for Tots get on their bikes
A group of doctors from NNUH will be cycling the Cambridge to Norwich Bike ride in aid of the Norwich Cots for Tots appeal and are appealing for your support.
The Docs for Tots are: Tim Leary, GP Caimin Hardiman, Jeremy Turner, Hugh Wilson, Mark Andrews and Matt Lawes.
From the comfortable bosom of Norfolk, the idea of cycling 77 miles from Cambridge, via two counties, is a daunting prospect. However the promise of being home again the same evening, with no need for travel documents, has reassured them all. We are ready for the challenge.
You can donate to the “Docs for Cots” cycling team at www.virginmoneygiving.com/docs4tots
The Norwich Cots for Tots Cambridge to Norwich Bike ride
Sunday 2nd October 2011
Starting at Cambridge's Midsummer Common and heading east through a landscape of fenland and patchwork fields, finishing in the grounds of Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
· 77 miles
· Start 7.30-9.30am
· Free parking at hospital
· 16yrs old min age. Riding on the road
· £18 entry or team of 6 people, costs £17 each.
· Over 500 people signed up already great for an event in its first year
· Well signed, marshals on all junctions
· Refreshments along the route
· Finish area cakes, refreshments, stalls, shops, smoothies
· Coach £25 5:45am from NNUH
· Coaches returning to Cambridge throughout the afternoon
Norwich for Cots for Tots Appeal
· The campaign will pay for an additional 4 cots, which will increase number of cots from 28 to 32. This means more babies will be able to be cared for locally
· The NICU is one of only three specialist neonatal units in the East of England. When we are capacity babies have to be sent to the nearest unit in either Cambridge or Luton