Santa’s Sleigh gets a Service as local company backs hospital appeal
Local Norfolk companies are signing up to help ensure that Christmas is not cancelled this year for Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital patients who are too poorly to go home to celebrate.
To brighten their hospital stay the N&N launched their ‘Send a smile with Santa’ Christmas Present Appeal with the aim of providing a present to EVERY patient staying on a ward in the hospital on Christmas Day.
Rackheath based EACR Service centre are one of the latest companies to pledge their support by donating gift to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital’s Send a Smile with Santa appeal for every car service sold between now and December 11th 2015.
While many people, young and old, will be lucky enough to celebrate at home with their families this year, some will be spending their Christmas Day with the staff at the N&N, and the staff would like to make sure that every inpatient receives a gift on the day which means that 900 presents are needed in total.
Louise Cook, NNUH Fundraising Manager said: “Your gift really will help us to keep Christmas magical for the many patients who are too ill to go home. The hospital staff work hard to make Christmas a happy time for everyone but to make it extra special we need your help. So please send a smile with Santa! Your gift is so much more than just a present.”
Mark Jones, Director of EACR Service Centre added: “Christmas is a magical time of year and while we are fortunate enough to be spending it at home with our loved ones we, at EACR Service Centre, would like to do all we can to make sure others have a special Christmas day too regardless of where they are. Because of this we are delighted to be pledging that for every service booked between now and the middle of December we will be donating a present to the appeal.”
For more information on the appeal, or to offer a drop off location, please contact Louise Cook on 01603 287107 or email Louise Cook. Please can all presents be dropped off by Friday 11th December to allow time for wrapping and distribution.
Notes to editors
1. Lip balms, hand lotions, foot lotions or other moisturising lotions or hand wipes (either fragrance free or gently fragranced)
2. Perfumes, bubble bath, make up
3. Slipper socks/ bed socks or normal socks
5. Small picture frames
6. Chocolates, biscuits, sweets, cereal bars, sweets
7. Cordials, herbal, original or flavoured tea-bags
8. Pens/ pencils, notepads, note lets and cards and puzzle books
Unacceptable items include:
1. Homemade food items
2. Recycled gifts
3. Opened items
4. Politically sensitive items
5. Electrical goods
Present drop off points are:
• All NNUH reception areas
• Norwich and Peterborough branches at Wymondham, Diss, Bungay, Sheringham branch all central Norwich branches
• Holiday Inn Hotels at Carrow Road, Cromer Road and Ipswich Road
• Natwest Branches: Wymondham, Diss, Cromer, North Walsham, Norwich London Street, Norwich Boundary Road, Norwich St Stephens Street, East Dereham and Great Yarmouth
• Co-operative Travel Cromer Branch
• Morrisons Riverside