Covid-19 further guidance
We can all play our part in helping to reduce the spread of coronavirus by wearing a mask or face covering (over our nose and mouth,) in public places and taking these precautions:
- Socially distancing by two metres
- Cleaning surfaces regularly
- Washing our hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using public transport, or applying sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Always carrying tissues and using them to catch coughs and sneezes, then binning the tissue and washing our hands or using a sanitiser gel
- Avoiding touching our eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoiding close contact with people who are unwell.
We understand you may be nervous about coming to the hospital for an appointment, but please be reassured that we take your safety very seriously and have introduced a one-way system, ask everyone to wear a mask or face covering, follow a rigorous cleaning regime, have added hand gel dispensers throughout the hospital and all our waiting areas are socially distanced. We also arrange telephone or virtual consultations wherever possible.
Extremely vulnerable individuals
If you’ve been contacted by the NHS as someone who is clinically extremely vulnerable to Covid-19, please follow this advice.
The main symptoms of Covid-19 are:
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature
- Loss of sense of taste and / or smell.
If you have any of these symptoms, get a test and stay at home.
Tests for key workers
Community testing is available for key workers and members of their household who have symptoms. Find out more.
Information and guidance