Name and PositionDr Toomas Sarev
Contact DetailsMain Telephone Number:01603 287612
Department page: Cardiology
Speciality: Cardiology and Internal Medicine
Sub-Speciality: Interventional Cardiology, Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI).
Special Clinical Interests: Slender techniques, Dual-axis rotational angiography, Trans-radial PCI, Invasive Hemodynamics, Pressure Wire Measurements, IVUS, Rotational Atherectomy, Medico-Legal issues, Digital Medicine.
- Invasive Hemodynamics
- Interventional Cardiology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians in London (FRCP),
- Member of The British Cardiac Society and The British Cardiovascular Intervention Society (BCIS).
- Affiliate Member of European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCCUK)
- Affiliate Member of the Faculty of Clinical Informatics (FCI)
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC)
- Member of the European Association of Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (EAPCI)
- Silver Member of Acute Cardiovascular Care Association (ACCA)
- International Affiliate of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography (SCAI)
Medical Secretary: Lucy Downing 01603 287612 (ext 3612)
GMC number: 6168237
Professional Profile: Dr Sarev trained in Medicine at Tartu University, Estonia 1988. He did his training in Cardiology at Tampere University Hospital, Finland. He worked 2002-2010 as an Interventional Cardiologist at Karolinska and Danderyd University Hospitals in Stockholm, Sweden. Before his appointment in 2010, he worked for four months at the Salam Centre for Cardiovascular Surgery, Khartoum, Sudan. Dr Sarev works on Wednesdays and Thursdays at JPUH.
2017-2020 he served as Cardiology Service Director.
In December 2020 he was appointed as a Senior Digital Health Consultant at NNUH.
Dr Sarev is a certified Executive Coach Adviser.
Personal Profile: Black Belt in Traditional Korean Martial Arts, Harley-Davidson Motorbike and Dog Enthusiast. Likes Biking, Digital Photography, Apple Computers & gadgets, Blues and Jazz. He is married with five children.
Languages: English, Estonian, Swedish, Finnish, Russian.