Leadership and management
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust offers a range of Leadership and Management programmes (short, medium and long term) for members of staff who are already leading and managing teams and for those aspiring to do so in the future.
“Developing strong, inspiring leaders – deeply connected to their patients, their teams and their communities – will bring a culture of purpose, innovation and compassion at every level of the NHS” (NHS Leadership Academy 2013).
Visit www.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk for more information and find out more about the opportunities available within the Trust below.
Managers Two Day Induction
This is a two day course and is designed for all those new into line management. Any new member of staff who is new to the role of manager would benefit from undertaking the programme. For further information please email Train.Mandatory@nnuh.nhs.uk
Leadership Foundation Programme
This course offers an engaging foundation to Leadership and Management and will provide practical skills and knowledge to apply to your role. The programme structure is an initial 3 days, followed by a half day workshop to reflect on and embed the learning from the course. The programme is intended to develop core leadership skills and is open to staff in any department who carry out a role as a supervisor or manager of a team.
Great leadership can shape an organisation and is crucial to delivering high quality of care and developing our people. The programme aims to support you in developing core skills of leadership such as building relationships, values-led leadership, communication and coaching skills, managing challenging conversations, leading change, and problem solving. The programme focuses on applying theories and techniques to help you manage day to day challenges and get the best from yourself and your team.
For further information and an application form please email the Learning and Development Team – Train.Mandatory@nnuh.nhs.uk
Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
This programme is designed for existing and potential middle managers working in the health and social care community who wish to extend and develop their management skills, confidence and knowledge.
There is a strong emphasis on the development of practical skills and acquisition of management specific knowledge and understanding. The programme is franchised through City College Norwich and learners will therefore be registered as Students of the College.
To achieve the whole qualification, a learner must successfully complete all 10 Units:
- Understanding organisational culture and ethics
- Managing a healthy and safe environment
- Becoming an effective leader
- Using Quantitative Methods to Solve Management Problems
- Developing and leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives
- Managing stress and conflict in the organisation
- Making a Financial Case
- Managing marketing activities
- Leading innovation and change
- Managing projects in an organisation
Support will be given through workshop based tuition and individual/small group tutorials.
NNUH Leadership and Development Programme
This in-house programme has been designed by NNUH to develop successful applicants to be the leaders of the future, using a mixture of group discussion and teamwork, class and practical-based learning, coaching and mentoring. The Programme will develop participants in practical aspects of leadership, who will learn from and work with senior leaders from within and outside of the NHS.
The Programme will consist of:-
- An engaging combination of interactive seminar discussions, case studies, group work, individual assignments, and practical projects.
- Insights from senior leaders within and outside of the NHS.
- Insights into your leadership style and its impact.
- Practical projects to highlight and develop strategic leadership capabilities.
- Feedback from the programme directors to maximise personal leadership development.
- One-to-one coaching with the external programme director to support your development of leadership skills.
- Action plans with clear objectives, activities and timescales that ensure the successful application of learning to the work environment.
- Regular personal reviews to support change, consolidate learning, re-evaluate development needs and to plan for continuing development.
At the end of the programme there will be opportunities for delegates to agree and commence on a career progression pathway, or gain experience in another area of the organisation, or return to their substantative post, with or without further support.