The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital is offering valuable Apprenticeship opportunities.
What is an Apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a job which has a very structured education framework to support the role. It provides on-the-job training so that you gain work experience that will enhance your future employment prospects along with achieveing a nationally recognised qualification. You will also earn whilst you learn!
Existing staff members in bands 1-4 who have lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years and do not hold a degree or level 4 or above qualification are eligible for funding to undertake an apprenticeship framework providing the selected programme is achievable within the employee’s job role.
The Apprenticeships are delivered by a College or Training Provider, mainly if not completely within the workplace. Apprenticeship frameworks have replaced NVQ’s as stand alone qualifications and are a combination of qualifications, which include Literacy, Numeracy, ICT, Technical Certificates, Personal Development and a NVQ Diploma portfolio, all of which need to be completed and passed to obtain the qualification
Meet the team
Annie Cook, Bands 1-4 Career Development Coordinator, email@example.com, Tel: 01603 287375
Clare Fox, Career Facilitator, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01603 286843
Apprenticeship Administrator, Jamie Allison, email@example.com telephone 01603 286231
The NNUH currently has nearly 300 employees who have either completed or are studying towards one of the following apprenticeship programmes:
Business Admin – Level 2 & 3 & 4
Customer Service – Level 2 & 3
Management & Leadership – Level 3, 4, 5 & 6 & 7
Accountancy – Level 2 & 3 & 4 – through to Masters
Creative Digital Media – Level 3
Digital Marketing – Level 3
IT User – Level 2 & 3
IT Professional – Level 2 & 3
Medical Administration – Level 2 & 3
Health – Level 2, 3, 4 & 5
Registered Nursing – Level 6 (From January 2018)
Pharmacy – Level 2 & 3
Allied Health Professional – Level 3
Health & Social Care – Level 2 & 3
Pathology Support – Level 2 & 4
Support Services – Level 2 & 3
Facilities Management – Level 3
There are different levels available;
• Level 2 which takes approx 12 months (GCSE equivalent),
• Level 3 which takes approx 18 months (Alevel equivalent)
• Level 4 and 5 (Foundation degree level) which will take approximately 24 months to complete.
• Level 6 is a degree and will take 3 or 4 years depending on the qualification
• Level 7 is Masters and will take 1-2 years
Many departments within the NNUH are recruiting Apprentices of all ages. Newly Appointed Apprentices are new members of staff recruited by the Trust under a 12 or 18 month fixed term contract, depending on whether they are undertaking a level 2 or level 3 apprenticeship framework which will coincide with their job role. They receive the National Apprenticeship wage of £3.50 an hour (£ 131.25 per week).
Apprentice posts are proving very successful within the NNUH and are also a great stepping stone for a future career within the NHS and Healthcare Sector.
View this page for guidance on applying.
Why is being an apprentice at the NNUH such a great idea?
- earn a wage while you learn
- gain nationally recognised qualifications
- get paid holidays and bank holidays
- receive training and support in post
- receive a thorough induction and regular review sessions
- you will be designated a mentor to help guide your apprenticeship
- learn job-specific skills
- gain exposure to the vast array of job and career opportunities within the NNUH and NHS in general