Big C Cancer Support and Information Centre
The Big C Cancer Support and Information Centre is in the grounds of the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. The Centre is a warm and welcoming place where anyone affected by cancer can go for support, information and respite. It is staffed by Big C cancer specialist nurses, palliative care specialist nurse, health education officer and supported by numerous loyal volunteers.
The Centre is situated close to the hospital’s Colney Centre, with the nearest carpark being K.
The Centre is managed by Big C, a local cancer charity based in Norfolk and Waveney. For more information about Big C, please visit big-c.co.uk. For more information about their cancer support services, please visit support.big-c.co.uk
The Purpose of the Centre
The Big C Centre at the NNUH is open to those diagnosed with cancer and those who care for them. It is somewhere to sit, reflect and relax, away from the hospital and clinical environment.
Currently, the Big C Centre in Norwich is temporarily closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
However, many of Big C’s services are still available over the phone and online. This includes:
- General cancer support and advice via our telephone support line 0800 092 7640 (free to call Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm)
- Online Support Groups such as a our Mens Support Group, Womens Support Group, Young Persons Support Group and Carers Support Group
- Live Chat available on support.big-c.co.uk (Monday to Friday, 11am-4pm)
- Welfare Advice with Citizens Advice Diss, Thetford and District
- Look Good Feel Better online sessions
- Welfare Packs delivered to those isolating and shielding
If you need support, please get in touch. We’re still here for you.
For more information, please call Big C at 0800 092 7640 (free to call Monday to Friday 9am-5pm) or visit support.big-c.co.uk
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org