What to bring
Remember to let relatives or friends know that you will be admitted to hospital, and give them the hospital’s telephone number and ward telephone number (if known).
Below is a checklist of what to bring to hospital:
- All medicines, tablets, inhalers or eye drops you are taking, including any not prescribed by your doctor. Show them to staff when you arrive so we can check your medication history
- Two sets of nightwear including a dressing gown
- Soft shoes or slippers
- Your glasses/contact lenses (if normally worn)
- Walking aids that you normally use indoors (please mark your name on them)
- Washing and toiletries (including toothpaste and toothbrush).
- Sanitary towels (if required)
- Shaving items
- Hand wipes
- Ear plugs (if required)
- Any specialist equipment e.g hearing aids, powered wheelchairs
If you have or suspect you have any type of allergy, for example an allergy to latex, please inform a member of ward staff before you receive any treatment.
Please do not bring:
- Talcum powder
- Valuables/large amounts of cash*
- TVs or portable radios/sound systems
- Mobile telephones
- Large suitcases
- Pets (except guide dogs for the blind and hearing dogs for the deaf)
*The Trust cannot accept any responsibility for personal belongings or valuables. if you do bring valuable items with you please let the nurse in charge know. They can then be kept in a hospital safe and you will be given a receipt for your valuables.