Tracheostomy Support Service
Our service supports tracheostomy and laryngectomy patients at NNUH and patients and professionals throughout Norfolk and Waveney by providing community outreach.
We support both adult and paediatric patients. Below are a list of services we provide:
- Training for families and caregivers
- Training for other professionals
- General troubleshooting
- Consumable support
- Tracheostomy tube changes
- Tracheostomy/laryngectomy stoma assessment
- Weaning support
- Assisting with discharge
- Supporting care providers such as agencies, care homes and nursing homes.
The Regional Tracheostomy Support Service
We are currently improving the community support we provide under the name Regional Tracheostomy Support Service which will enable us to improve the speed of discharges by providing home support.
- Erica Everitt, Tracheostomy specialist nurse- Service matron (Adults/Paediatrics)
- Shirley Brigham, Tracheostomy Support practitioner (Adult)
- Maria Elsey, Tracheostomy Support Practitioner (Adult)
- Matt Berry, Tracheostomy Support Practitioner (Adult/Paediatrics)
- Fay Garlick, Tracheostomy Support Practitioner (Paediatrics)
Telephone: 01603 287521