As a charity, we aim to maximise the amount available for us to spend on our charitable activities. In 2019-20, 97p from every £1 was spent on lifesaving equipment and new technology, enhancing the patient environment, supporting staff and funding research. Just 3p from every £1 was spent on raising funds.
In the coming year, we plan to spend £4.1m to support projects in our hospitals. Thanks to donations we receive, we are able to support a huge variety of projects. Some of the projects are in excess of £1m whereas others are much more modest but still have a huge impact.
Some of the grants we have awarded in recent months include:
- £1,700 to purchase new furniture for the Breast Imaging counselling room
- £518 for an iPad to be used by patients in Critical Care
- £2,520 for Big C to run an exercise programme for cancer patients
- £3,840 to fund seven paediatric training courses
- £9,550 for an additional ultrasound scanner for Cromer Hospital
- £385 to purchase 100 digital thermometers for Cystic Fibrosis patient home monitoring.
If you would like to find out more about our work, please read our most recent annual report, below.