Name and PositionMr Ilias Giarenis
Contact DetailsMain Telephone Number:01603 286296
Department page: Gynaecology
Secretary: Ann Louise Haystead
Degrees & Universities: Medical Degree, University of Athens, Greece
GMC number: 6103100
Professional Expertise: Mr Giarenis completed his general training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in East of England prior to undertaking a five-year fellowship with Professor Linda Cardozo in the Department of Urogynaecology at Kings College Hospital, London.
His clinical expertise:
- Investigation of lower urinary tract dysfunction including urodynamics
- Stress urinary incontinence – Conservative and surgical management
- Overactive bladder – Medical management, Botulinum toxin and neuromodulation
- Pelvic organ prolapse – Conservative and surgical management
- Recurrent cystitis
- Childbirth injury including anal sphincter injury
He has published over 35 peer-reviewed papers and his research interests include the assessment of lower urinary tract dysfunction and management of recurrent stress urinary incontinence.