You Said, We Did
The Trust reviews all patient comments & feedback monthly and we have four Patient Experience Working Groups (PEWG’s) that are led by our Matrons. In response to patient feedback we have taken several actions; –
Disturbance at Night
- Provided the wards with ear plugs for patients to assist with the reduction of noise at night.
- Call bell systems (where possible) now have their volume reduced to a safe but lower volume level during the hours of 11pm-6am to reduce noise disturbance at night.
- The televisions now switch off automatically at 10pm if not in use & screens do not switch back on until 7am the following day.
- Introduced an electronic medication prescribing and administration system to improve the patient experience with medications – this is currently in a roll-out phase.
- Ensured that time critical medications are hilighted to all staff to ensure there are no delays in administering these drugs.
- Introduction of self medication policy for appropriate patients.
- Patients who have urinary catheters who are mobile are given leg bags (hidden under clothing) to wear to protect their dignity.
- When patients are in bed with urinary catheters we try to ensure that bags are emptied prior to patients leaving the ward for any reason.
- Introduced “Hello My Name Is ” to encourage all staff members to introduce themsleves by name & role to patients.
- “You said/we did” boards in all inpatient areas to demonstrate local response to patient feedback.