Keeping in touch
Best wishes service from PALS
PALS provides a service to ensure our patients receive best wishes messages from their family and friends as quickly as possible. Messages can be left on the for PALS to forward to the ward the next working day.
Hospital Radio Norwich broadcasts online 24/7 and is happy to take requests and messages for our patients – just call 01603 454585 or go to their website.
Family Liaison Officers
Our Family Liaison Officers (FLOs) offer family, loved ones and Carers the opportunity to communicate with patients in hospital. Our FLOs are based on wards and can help in different ways:
- Help with patients’ devices, ensuring they’re fully charged and in working order
- Facilitate virtual visiting using personal devices or devices available to the wards
- Assist patients to call their families, loved ones and Carers
- Linking with the clinical teams to assist patients and their Next of Kin to get medical updates and their questions answered where appropriate
- Escalating any concerns to the relevant teams to ensure patient safety
- Provide support, reassurance and wellbeing updates
- Signpost to other services within the Trust and external organisations where relevant
- Meet and greet visitors and facilitate visiting.
Telephone: 01603288295 (x4295) Monday – Friday from 8am – 4pm.