There are reception desks at each of the in-patient and out-patient entrances where you can ask directions or find out where your friend or relative may have been moved to. They are open from Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4pm (East and West Out-patients), 7am – 6pm (East In-patients) and there’s someone on West In-patients 24 hours a day, every day. Disabled (Blue badge holders) can have their car park ticket validated for no charge at these desks during these times. Please note that currently no visiting is allowed, unless in exceptional circumstances.
Meet and Greet Volunteers
Our Meet and Greet Volunteers will help you find your way around – you can recognise them by their red waistcoats or jackets.
To reduce distractions for patients while they’re eating, most wards have protected mealtimes when visitors are not admitted except for in an emergency.
It’s not unusual for people to lose their appetite when they’re unwell, but eating and drinking is important to help fight infection and speed recovery.
We ensure that our patients are sitting comfortably while they eat, operate a “red tray” system to provide assistance to those who need it and patients with a poor appetite may be offered higher calorie/protein foods.
We offer patients snacks and drinks between meals and you’re welcome to bring them in as well, although please avoid foods that need to be refrigerated or reheated. You’re also welcome to visit the hospital’s restaurants and cafes by arrangement with the nurse in charge.
Good Visiting Guide
Please help by following these steps (please note that visiting is not currently permitted unless in exceptional circumstances):
- To save staff time, we ask that one person contacts the ward for updates rather than lots of people asking for the same information.
- No more than two visitors at a patient’s bedside unless agreed with the ward sister or nurses in charge.
- Limit mobile phone use on wards or keep it on silent to respect other patients who may be resting. Mobile phones can be used in public areas.
- Don’t sit on a patient’s bed, use the chairs provided.
- Use the hand gel available at ward entrances and always wash your hands with hot water and soap after using the toilet.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, flu or stomach bug, please do not visit to prevent passing it on.
- The ward’s bathrooms and toilets are for patients only. There are visitor toilets outside each ward.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on our premises, including buildings, grounds or vehicles. It is part of a national policy of no smoking in and around any NHS buildings.
Accommodation for relatives
Information about local hotels and guesthouses is available from reception desks on Level 1, or you can contact the Norwich Tourist Information Centre on 01603 213999 (Mon-Sat 10am-5:30pm).
How to find us
For details about how to find us, how to get here and information about accessibility (including images), click the icon below: