Name and PositionDr Pankaj Garg
Contact DetailsMain Telephone Number:01603 287516
- Senior Clinical Lecturer in Cardiovascular Medicine (University of East Anglia)
- Honorary Consultant Cardiologist (Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital)
Secretary: Clare Wilson
Research Publications: National Library of Medicine (PubMed)
Subspecialty: Cardiovascular Imaging and Heart Failure
Special clinical interests:
- Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- Prevention of heart disease
- Heart failure
- Healthy aging
- Best nutrition for the heart to prevent heart disease
- The development of cutting-edge imaging technologies to better diagnose, monitor and treat heart disease
- The development of more personalised models to treat patients with heart disease
- Discover complex four-dimensional flow abnormalities in patients with heart disease
- Artificial intelligence to better manage patients with heart disease
GMC Number: 6077219
- MD Physician (Honours), Moscow Medical Academy, Moscow, Russia June 2003
- MRCP (UK), Membership of the Royal College of Physicians March 2009
- PG Cert. M.Ed., Post-Graduate Certificate in Medical Education Dundee University 2011
- FHEA (UK), Fellow of the Higher Educational Academy August 2011
- PhD, University of Leeds 2017
- FESC, Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology, 2020
Membership to National Bodies
- British Cardiac Society (BCS)
- British Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (BSCMR)
- British Society of Echocardiography (BSE)
Membership to International Bodies
- Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR, United States)
- ESC Working Group for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- ESC Working Group for Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac CT
Professional profile: Dr Garg graduated in Medicine with Honours from Moscow Medical Academy, Russia (2003) and became a member of the Royal College of Physicians in 2007. After completing his British Heart Foundation funded PhD at Leeds (2017), he was awarded the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Lectureship at the University of Sheffield. In 2020, he was awarded Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Career Development Fellowship.
He has received 15 national/international Awards in the field of cardiovascular medicine and has published >95 peer-reviewed research papers.
- Dr Garg is faculty member of several national/international cardiovascular societies involved in training and teaching.
- He has contributed to several books/chapters in cardiac imaging.
- He is the co-developer of European Society of Cardiology endorsed CMR applications for iPhone/iPad and its dedicated webpage: http://www.cmr-guide.com/.