Developing an idea
Research Design Service
If you are applying to NIHR funding streams then the NIHR East of England Research Design Service (RDS) may also be able to offer support with the development of your proposal.
RDS Research Advisors can offer advice and support to people that are developing research applications for NIHR funding in the following areas:
- refining the research question
- the study design and methods
- study feasibility
- building a research team with the required expertise (finding appropriate collaborators)
- selecting an appropriate funding stream
- involving patients and the public in the design and conduct of the study.
They can be contacted by completing the client enquiry form .
The Norwich Clinical Trials Unit
The Norwich Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) will also be able to offer support for project review, co-ordination, data management, statistical and health economics advice for your project.
Complete the online CTU form so that a member of the CTU can contact you to discuss the next steps.
The details of forthcoming calls and deadlines for research funding applications can be found below.