The Pharmacy Directorate offers a fully comprehensive pharmaceutical service covering all aspects of pharmacy required for a large teaching hospital. Please take time to browse our site which has been designed to be both informative and offer advice on how to make the most of the services and solve pharmaceutical problems.
Main Telephone Number: 01603 289401
- Dispensing of in patient chart prescriptions
- Discharge medication written on discharge coding forms
- Outpatient prescriptions from the various outpatient clinics
- Day case patients requiring their medication
- Outside units/hospitals
- Clinical trials
- Hospital-only prescribed medication
- Procurement and distribution of all medication
- Ward Top-up service
- Dietetics products
- Aseptic dispensing
- Chemotherapy injections and infusions
- Various emergency kits used in hospital wards and departments
- Analysis of raw materials used in production
- Environmental monitoring
- Verification of products made by production
- Gas testing
- Ensuring standards within pharmacy
- Medical information service for patients and healthcare professionals
- Clinical pharmacist activity on all wards
Although these departments work separately they all fuse together forming the Pharmacy service to patients of the Trust as well as community health services. The department is very busy and demanding, but endeavours to give the best service to our patients at all times. The Dispensary is the hub of the department surrounded by the other pharmacy departments.
If you require information about your medicines you can call the Pharmacy Helpline between 09:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Tel Norwich 01603 286286 and ask for Pharmacy Helpline.
Your questions may include:
- How and when should I take my medicines?
- Can I take other medication with them?
- Can I drink alcohol with my medication?
We cannot answer questions about:-
- Your illness in general
- Other people’s medicines
|Monday||08:30 – 17:30|
|Tuesday||08:30 – 17:30|
|Wednesday||08:30 – 17:30|
|Thursday||08:30 – 17:30|
|Friday||08:30 – 17:30|
|Saturday||09:00 – 13:00|
|Sunday||10:00 – 12:00|
All bank holiday opening times are 09:00 – 13:00
How To Find Us
The department is located on Level 1 in the Centre Block
Please use the In-patients East & Centre or In-patients West & Centre entrance/s and follow the signs to Pharmacy
If you are coming by car and need to park, the closest carpark/s are K, L, M, N, O
For details about how to find us, how to get here and information about accessibility (including images), please click on the icon below: