The breast and endocrine surgical team manages patients with benign and malignant breast diseases, and patients with a family history of breast cancer. We also treat patients with diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid and parotid glands. We provide multi-disciplinary treatment together with our colleagues in radiology, oncology, pathology and plastic surgery.
For more information on our services and treatments see our Boudicca Breast Care Unit pages.
Our specialist nurses look after our breast cancer patients and their family’s psychological needs.
The unit comprises of four surgical consultants:
Breast specialist nurses:
- Jo Cullen
- Joann McGrath
- Caroline Daly
- Lynne Priestley
- Kit Holland
- Andrea English
- Sarah Wratten
Telephone number: 01603 289772 / 286732
Operations performed include:
- Wide excision and lumpectomy of breast lesions
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Axillary clearance
- Immediate or delayed reconstruction of the breast after cancer surgery (in co-operation with the plastic surgeons)
- Thyroid, parathyroid and parotid gland operations.
Information for referring GPs
General surgery refer via e-RS
General Surgery Advice and Guidance (Breast via e-RS)
General Surgery Advice via e-RS
- Mr Hussein: 01603 286427
- Mr Pain: 01603 286430
- Miss Zechmeister: 01603 287371
- Mr Youssef: 01603 287036