- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Sleep Medicine, Domiciliary CPAP
- Non-Invasive Ventilation (NIV)
- Interstitial Lung Disease (pulmonary fibrosis)
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Domiciliary Oxygen Therapy
- Pleural Disease
Our outpatients department is able to provide full tests for diagnosis and ongoing monitoring of respiratory conditions. We also have access to radiological facilities for X-ray and CT scanning when required and provide bronchoscopy and EBUS sessions for more detailed investigations.
If you require respiratory care, you’ll likely be on either Hethel Ward and Brundall Ward.
Hethel Ward has a dedicated Acute Respiratory Care (ARC) bay which has six beds with respiratory failure.
More info on respiratory conditions:
- AsthmaUK – contains the latest independent advice and news on asthma
- British Thoracic Society – clinical information and guidelines
- British Lung Foundation – Information and downloadable leaflets about lung conditions and patients support network (Breathe Easy Groups)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis Trust
- Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Sarcoidosis UK
- Patient.co.uk – information and leaflets for patients; more detailed information on patientplus section for health care professionals.
- Norfolk Stop Smoking Service
- Roy Castle Foundation – Information about lung cancer and treatments
- Macmillan Cancer Support – Information about lung cancer and coping with cancer
- Mesothelioma UK
- Big ‘C’ Centre
- The Sleep Apnoea Trust Association
- Occupational Therapy
- Breathe Easy Norwich (patient support group affiliated to British Lung Foundation)