If you have recently been told you have or are suspected of having Lung cancer or Mesothelioma, you will have already met some of the people involved in your care. These health professionals work within a team which is called a specialist Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) which is based at the NNUH. The members of our Lung MDT are experts at treating and managing Lung malignancies and are involved with your investigations, diagnosis and treatment.
- Lung Cancer
Treatment for Lung cancer and Mesothelioma may include a combination of Surgery, Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy. A personalised treatment plan will depend on the extent and location of the cancer at diagnosis.
Your Consultant and other members of the Respiratory Team are specialists in Lung conditions. They will provide you with information about your diagnostic investigations and diagnosis and will refer you to other specialist teams for treatment.
A Clinical Nurse Specialist will be your key-worker, providing you with help, support and information at the time of your diagnosis and during your treatment or care as needed.
|Respiratory Consultants||Clinical Nurse Specialists|
|Dr Russel Phillips||Charlotte Henry|
|Dr Ajay Kamath||Sam Gosnold|
|Dr Luaie Idris||Kay Bowen|
|Dr Eleanor Mishra|
|If you need to contact your Clinical Nurse Specialist, please call 01603 289625|
|Thoracic Surgery Team
Your Consultant and other members of the Surgical team are specialists in Lung surgery. They will provide you with information about your surgical investigations or treatment and will also monitor your progress during and after surgical treatment.
One of the Surgical Clinical Nurse Specialists will be your key-worker, providing you with help, support and information about your surgical investigations, treatment and care.
|Thoracic Surgery Team||Thoracic Clinical Nurse Specialists|
|Mr Jakub Kadlec (Clinical Lead)||Di Menzies 01603 286396|
|Mr Filip Van Tornout||Zoe Lyons 01603 287473|
|Mr Waldemar Bartosik|
|Mr Vasileios Kouritas|
|Mr Bartlomiej Szafron|
Your Consultant and other members of the Oncology team are specialists in treatment for cancer. They will provide you with information about your Chemotherapy and/or Radiotherapy treatment and will monitor your progress and symptoms during and after treatment.
The Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist will be your key-worker and will provide advice and information before, during and after your treatment.
|Oncology Team||Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist|
|Dr Pinelopi Gkogkou||Beverley Knights|
|Dr Z Tasigiannopoulos||Joanne Jennings|
|If you need to contact your Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist, please call 01603 287564|
|If you need to contact our MDT coordinator, please call 01603 647151|
Patient support services
The links below provide you with some resourceful information on Lung cancer from local and national charities and support groups.
- Big C Cancer Charity Support and Information CentreThe Big C offers many complimentary therapies, financial and emotional support, and support groups for people affected by all types of cancer.
- Macmillan Cancer Support and Lung Cancer
- Macmillan Cancer Support and Mesothelioma
- Roy Castle Foundation
- Mesothelioma UK
- Smoke Free Norfolk
- Lung Cancer Support Group
- Macmillan Benefits Advice ServiceLocal advisors who can give support and information regarding money worries.
- Macmillan Cancer Support: Help with the Cost of Cancer
- Macmillan Cancer Support: Understanding Lung Cancer
- Macmillan Cancer Support: Understanding Mesothelioma
- My Lung Surgery
- The Breathlessness Service
- Macmillan Information: Prescriptions
- Healthy Matters
- Spiritual Care Information
- Solicitor Firm Information
- Consultant and Secretary Contacts
- NICE guidance for lung cancer
- Cancer Registration: Why it matters and what you need to know.