Our Dermatology and Plastic Department diagnoses and manages patients with Skin Cancer such as Melanoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, and Basal Cell Carcinomas as well as rare Skin cancers, such as Merkel Cell Tumours and Cutaneous Sarcoma.
The Skin Multi-Disciplinary team (MDT) are able to provide current guidelines, statistics and latest protocols for the management of Skin malignancies and take pride in chairing the weekly regional meeting. The meeting is attended by Plastic Surgeons, Oncologists, Dermatologists and Doctors of all grades as well as the Specialist Nursing Team.
You will be allocated a Skin Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) who will be contactable for support and will see you in clinic. Your Skin CNS will be contactable via email or phone; their contact details will be provided.
Your pathway will vary depending on your diagnosis. You may be seen by a Dermatologist as well as a Plastic Surgeon.
The Skin MDT at the NNUH sees the largest number of skin cancers of all the hospitals in the Anglia Cancer Network. Each year it diagnoses and manages approximately:
- 350 new patients with Melanoma
- 900 new patients with Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- 3000 new patients with Basal Cell Carcinoma
To read more about the treatments we offer, visit our website.
|Consultant Dermatologists||Plastic Surgeons|
|Dr Jennifer Garioch||Professor Marc Moncrieff|
|Professor Nick Levell||Mr Martin Heaton|
|Mr Andrew Snelling|
|Oncologists||Skin Cancer Nurse Specialists|
|Dr Jenny Nobes||Beverley Underwood|
|Dr Gill Gray||Gemma Hewitt|
|Histopathologist||Oncology Nurse Specialist|
|Dr Arjun Ramaiya||Graham Dilks|
|Dr Clare Beadsmoore|
Patient Support Services
Other Support Services
- Macmillan Cancer Support and Skin Cancer
- Macmillan Benefits Advice ServiceLocal advisors who can give support and information regarding money worries.
- Big C Cancer Charity Support and Information CentreThe Big C offers many complimentary therapies, financial and emotional support, and support groups for people affected by all types of cancer.
- British Skin Foundation
- Cancer Research UK
- CLIC Sargent
- Melanoma Focus: 08008 801 077