Having a cancer diagnosis and treatment can be a difficult time. Looking after your personal wellbeing is very important and can help you focus on what is important in your life and what makes you feel good.
Below are some resources that you might like to explore:
More information on psychological wellbeing support for people affected by cancer can be found here
- Look Good, Feel Better is a programme of help and support with physical appearance and wellbeing. It is currently only on offer online (due to Covid) and can be booked locally through the Big C for both women and men : Cancer and your appearance – Big C Online Support Centre (big-c.co.uk)
- Some Boots Stores have specialist beauty advisors who are trained to give advice to help you cope with the visible side effects of Cancer Treatment: Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisors – Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Cancer Research UK has tips on makeup on its website: Day make up to help you feel better | Coping with cancer | Cancer Research UK
- There are charities that can support people with serious illness to have special days out or attend special events. They are: –
- The Willow Foundation (for young adults aged 18 to 40 years) Willow Foundation
- “Something to Look Forward to” gives various gifts to people affected by cancer to promote wellbeing. These might include short breaks, days out, going to events, meals, etc. Something To Look Forward To
- Gardening can be a great way to improve health and wellbeing. The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) has some information about this: RHS Gardening
- The Macmillan Cancer Support Centre at Cromer has vouchers for half price seeds to buy from a local flower seed company. Please contact the centre for more information. (link to Cromer centre)
- Exercise can promote health and wellbeing. Broadly Active and Active Norfolk can help people with cancer join a personalised exercise programme
- Wellbeing Norfolk & Waveney provide a range of support for people with common mental health and emotional issues, such as low mood, depression or stress. They work with you to help you make the necessary changes to improve your wellbeing and quality of life The Wellbeing Service Norfolk and Waveney
- Local Big C Centres also offer services and support with wellbeing Big C