Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic
This clinic aims to provide rapid access to a more appropriate service for low to medium risk patients who present to their GP with chest pain due to suspected angina, in order to provide an early diagnosis and reduce unnecessary hospital admission.
You maybe referred by your GP if you have had a new onset of chest pain which is suggestive of angina within the last 4 weeks and are perceived to be at low or medium risk of heart attack.
You may need to be in the department for approx 2-3 hours depending on what investigations you require.
Our clinics are held on Outpatients East Level 3. A map of this location can be found at the bottom of the main Cardiology department page.
- ECG on arrival.
- Clinical assessment by Consultant Cardiologist or Specialist Nurse.
- Bloods, ECHO, ambulatory monitoring are also available if required.
- Results of tests will be made available on the same day if possible.
- Information booklets giving lifestyle advice and smoking cessation referrals may be offered.
- You will be given a letter to take to your GP detailing the outcome of your clinic visit.
For a map showing the location of the car parks at the NNUH, please click here