Equality and Diversity
We’re committed to providing equal opportunity to everyone who uses our services and our staff.
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can’t be separated from our PRIDE values and behaviours, which recognise the important role of our people in providing positive experiences for service users.
Our principle of “Know Your Staff”, our compassionate approach to people management, is integral to leadership and embraces equality, diversity and inclusivity.
We’re proud to have a Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic (BAME) Staff Network, a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, + (LGBT+) Staff Network and a Diverse Ability Staff Network. These enable staff to play a vital role in making our hospital a better place to work and be cared for.
- For more information or to ask questions or raise issues, please email us at EqualityandDiversity@nnuh.nhs.uk
- See our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Overview, Goals and Objectives
- Read our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Workforce focused Action Plan (incorporating WRES, WDES and EDS2 action plan).
Gender pay gap
Read our Gender Pay Gap Report.
Workforce Race Equality Standard
The Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) is the means of helping the NHS as a whole to improve its performance on workforce race equality. The WRES has nine indicators which highlight any differences between the experience and treatment of white staff and BAME staff ,with a view to help organisations close the gaps.
The WRES is a mandatory requirement embedded within the NHS Contract to ensure effective collection, analysis and use of workforce data to address the under-representation of Black Minority Ethnic (BME) staff across the NHS. It requires us to demonstrate progress against the nine indicators specifically focused on race equality.
- The WRES has clear links with Equality Delivery System EDS2.
- See our annual data of the Workforce Race Equality Standard.
- Read our annual report of the Workforce Race Equality Standard, which explains the data in more detail and our proposed actions.
Workforce Disability Equality Standard
The Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES) is a data-based standard that uses a series of measures to help improve the experiences of disabled staff in the NHS. The 10 evidence-based metrics will enable NHS organisations to compare the reported outcomes and experiences of disabled staff with non-disabled staff.