Current visiting arrangements
Please note that not all areas of the hospital are open for visitors and that any visits must be booked in advance and visitors must have evidence of a recent negative Covid test.
See more details about our current visiting arrangements.
There are reception desks at each of the in-patient and out-patient entrances where you can ask directions or find out where your friend or relative may have been moved to. They are open from Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4pm (East and West Out-patients), 7am – 6pm (East In-patients) and there’s someone on West In-patients 24 hours a day, every day.
Disabled (Blue badge holders) can have their car park ticket validated for no charge at these desks during these times.
Meet and Greet Volunteers
Our Meet and Greet Volunteers will help you find your way around – you can recognise them by their red waistcoats or jackets.
Most wards have protected mealtimes when visitors are not admitted except in an emergency.
Good visiting guide
Please help by following these steps:
- To save staff time, we ask that one person contacts the ward for updates rather than lots of people requesting the same information.
- Patients nominate ONE person as their visitor during their stay, other than in exceptional circumstances (see more), the designated visitor books their one-hour visit through the Covid-19 Bookings team on 01603 641185 – it operates from 8am to 4pm, seven days a week. The lines are currently very busy and we apologise for any delay, but please hold on and your call will be answered.
- Please limit your mobile phone use on wards or keep it on silent to respect other patients who may be resting. Mobile phones can be used in public areas.
- Please don’t sit on a patient’s bed, use the chairs provided.
- Use the hand gel at ward entrances and wash your hands with hot water and soap after using the toilet.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, flu or stomach bug, please do not visit to prevent passing it on.
- The ward’s bathrooms and toilets are for patients only. There are visitor toilets outside each ward.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on our premises, including in vehicles in line with the national NHS no smoking policy.
Accommodation for relatives
Information about local hotels and guesthouses is available from the reception desks on Level 1, or you can contact the Norwich Tourist Information Centre on 01603 989500 (Mon-Sat 10am-5.30pm).
How to find us
For details about how to find us, how to get here and information about accessibility (including images), click the icon below: